Skipcart APIs & webhooks provide a one-stop experience to allow for seamless partner delivery experiences. Integration with Skipcart out of the box APIs can instantly position any partner or POS to offer on-demand delivery services using their existing interface.
Skipcart offers a suite of out of the box RESTful APIs which can be tailored to partner requirements. The APIs accept and return JSON-encoded objects and utilize standard HTTP response codes. Skipcart also offers standard webhook functions for partners who do not have a predefined set of webhooks.
The table below represents the full list of available APIs which interface with Skipcart.
|Authentication||POST||Authenticates a user via API call||Y|
|Get Serviceable Zip Codes||POST||Retrieves a list of zip codes serviced by Skipcart, called before quoting||N|
Recommended for Quote Based Partners
|Get Quote||POST||Get a quote from Skipcart for an order||Required for Quote Based Partners|
|Create Order||POST||Creates an Order in Skipcart systems||Y|
|Get Status of an Order||GET||Retrieve the status of a single order (Webhooks can be utilized alternatively)||Y|
|Delete Order||DELETE||Deletes an order from Skipcart||Y|
|Search Orders||GET||Search one or more orders in Skipcart systems||N|
|Post Order Tipping||POST||Add tip for individual order to pass to driver AFTER the order is delivered to customer||N|
|Skipcart Webhooks||POST||Update partners with status of orders as they progress; webhook events are published to a partner provided endpoint||N|
Sunny Day Process Flow
At a high level, the sunny day order flow consists of the below:
- Partner authenticates - once every 24 hours
- Partner retrieves Skipcart serviceable zip codes
- Partner requests quote from Skipcart
- Partner submits order to Skipcart to fulfill delivery
- Partner queries Skipcart to retrieve order status which is updated real time as webhooks & events are triggered
- If post order tipped is received from delivery recipient, Post Order Tipping API can be used to pass tip onto driver